Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!



Today was kind of a waste of time, effort and sweat. I attended 2 interview with a friend today. He's a relatively new friend I can say. He goes by the name Sew. As for the original plan of attending an interview at Jalan Ipoh, I cancelled it due to distance and transportation problems. So I hopped along with Sew to his first destination at Menara Ambank at Jln Yap Kwan Seng.

Before that, lemme recall what happened. I followed Steven to work today because my original interview was sceduled at 10 am. I had no where to go before the interview so he invited me in as visitor. LOL... Its like son following daddy to work scenario. At his place, I was being the usual shy person I am around strangers. During the short hour I got to see his work place which i moderately messy with documents. His department were mostly Indians with only 3 Chinese including himself and a Malay? Don't remember because I didn't pay much attention.

After an hour I could not bear the attention from the people there so I took off early. At the same time I touched foot on Ground Floor, Sew arrived at KLCC station already. So after some directions, I met him at the entrance of Avenue K. Its our first time speaking face to face but luckily not much of an akward moment. I made a simple call to the company he was going to interview to make arragements for mine too.

Since it was early, we went to KLCC's food court since he hasn't taken breakfast. He ate some beef noodles if I remembered correctly. Then off we were to the AM Bank building.

At the 33rd floor of the gigantic building lies a fishy office by the name of Elegan Destiny. I didn't know the company nature of business until the interviewer told me. Apparently after asking the receptionist and having her mumbled something, I gave up. I was then interview by a middle age woman with basic questions regarding my education, family and working experience. With little fear I guessed I answered her with enough confidence. It took some time as she explained that this ELEGANT DESTINY is actually a financial consultant firm or some sort. Beasring no loss, the interview acts as an extra experience for me.
(However upon searching online, people complained about it being a scam to attract applicants to invest into this FOREX company.)

Finishing the interview we headed back to KLCC Isetan for a look at some office attire, he is picky when shopping for clothes. After a quick round on the mens department we to the went for coffee, at Starbucks due to a spur-of-the-moment. I ordered a Venti Chocolate Chip Cream Blended without knowing he order something similar too, but coffee based for him. He ordered an extra donut, claiming to be hungry. In the end, he took quite an effort finishing the Grande cup of coffee he bought. Lucky me since I ordered a medium size only. After a short rest we decided to check if there are any movies tickets but due to long queue, the mission was aborted. We headed off to the second destination at Bangsar.

Exiting Bangsar Lrt station, we crossed over from the UOA building to a row of shoplots. having called the interviewer a couple of times but she couldn't give me the name of the company. All she said was find shoplot 30-2 and it turns out to be like treasure hunt and we're supposed to find our location. Entering the office - Pegasus Advertising, I felt strange as it was very new but I discarded the thought at the assumption maybe its a new branch. Filled up some forms and we awaited our turns. It was really a surprise when the young mid 30 lady turned out to be our interviewer as my first assumption on her was she as the secretary and the middle age guys who look like the boss sat at the receptionist counter. The interview was some sort the same with some basic questions as the first interview and a very very very long talk by the lady on advertising procedures. Giving the nice pay offer she had, we were happy to accept but still needed our parents approval so we asked for some time. She gave us until 3 pm so we went back to KLCC. On the way, we both made our calls and sms-es.

Reaching KLCC, we decided to go for a little celebration and bought 2 tickets to the movie - New Moon. After that my meal was taken at the KFC. He ordered a cup of Coke and sat to rest his legs, so did I. We had a fluent conversation whilst me eating my lunch. Then evrything start going the other side. My dad and Steven gave me a call. They both did a research on the company name online and found out bad remarks regarding the company. It was infact a scam to pull young fresh graduates into direct sales. Though naming their nature of business advertising, most applicants were given perfumes product for direct sales. I was like WHAT THE F***... We went all the way there just to be almost cheated? ...

To be continued... my eyes are darn tired now.... Maybe tomorrow and the movie review too..

0 comments :