Friday, December 18, 2009

TAO BUFFET~

Now its time for FOOD.... JAPANESE to be exact.


Steven and I headed over to Butterworth for japanese cuisine at the TAO CUISINE & LOUNGE.

We had to pass the PENANG BRIDGE and the view was magnificent. It was a great loss we couldn't stop for some photos. This was all I managed to get my hands on. There's the morning and night version for comparison. My skills are bad and in terrible need of polishing.










 
 
 
 
We reached Tao in no time due to low traffic. The one we're heading to is at AUTOCITY, which seems to have a better reputation than the one on the island. Next up will be the few kinds of dishes on the menu that we've tried, I'll try to name them as I remembered.


TAO~


Flaming Scallops~


Raw Seafood~


Teriyaki Salmon~


Fried Cheese-filled Wonton~


Prawn tempura & Potatoes~


Soft-shell Crab-bites~


Pregnant Cheap Fish~
(I have no idea what's it called but its so darn delicious,
looks can be deceiving...)


Seafood satay?


Baked Cod Fish~


Cawamushi~


Steamed Peas~
(These bugger came in one big bunch...
Very filling, noted to avoid...)


Salmon-wrapped papaya~
(Really refreshing as there's mango sauce too...)


Fried mushroom~


Cheap crab-stick
(Never ever call this...
Not worth it...)


Wo Dip~


I have no idea what's this...
but it is so bloody delicious too...

Abalone!~


Ice-lemon tea~



Steven~



He's sick and I only knew it halfway through.
But he still enjoy eating Japanese...


Me~
Blury due to cameraman.. Muahaha...




Atmosphere~





The BILL came soon....




After that I went to his house for a visit. Not his family but that cute little dog of his - COCO. The dog is already 7 years old but still as hyperactive and lively as a young pup. I had fun with him while "she" ignored her master. BTW, Steven has fell sick due to fever and food poisoning and he only told me halfway through our dinner. I feel so guilty pushing him to his limits when he is sick, all in the name of FOOD.
PS: He wouldn't agree to cancel the plan as he like Japanese just as much as I do, if not more.

Here goes the pictures for the lil doggy.









Isn't she adorable?

0 comments :