Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Interview Tries Day 2 ~

Another day, another chance it is for me to land a job so that I can have enough money to feed my voracious tummy. I followed Steven down to his office and had Subway for breakfast. It was on me (how dare he.... Grrr...) One of his colleagues tagged along too, Vivian was her name is not mistaken. After that I went back to his office to eat my meal. I realised I might start being a regular visitor here that people start knowing me. LOL. However, I am still a shy little boy...

( How many would have died laughing after reading this...)

It was too long since exposed to the aunty-office-environment. You know where these aunties can argue over a minor thing as if planning the next world war. I realised his good for nothing manager kept staring at me for apparently no particular reason. It is my guess that he must be wondering :

Who's this new guy and what's he doing over at Steven's place? 

I didn't bother looking at him but I was of course nervous with so many eyes on me. I left his place a little before 10 am.

I rushed to the LRT and rendezvous with Sew at the Ampang Park station. He's a punctual guy and I should keep that in mind though I wasn't late myself. Then we headed of to the Bank Of China for the first interview of the day. We arrived a little too early and the not-so-kind staff asked us to have a tea at the second floor while waiting for my interview session. We went up and Sew had his breakfast of some spicy Malay food. At 11 am, I went down for the interview while Sew remained behind. It took HELL long for my turn after filling up some form and an IQ quiz. My interviewer was busy and came in only at a quarter before 12. We started off the interview with a few basic questions on my education, family and career background. Then she came clean that I was "overqualified" for the job and it would be a waste of my "skills". I guess it's a nice way to reject someone, but we did have a lengthly discussion on my career on actuary and my study options. Weird thing was the elder female interviewer kept changing topics to her husband foolishness is rejecting NYU offer when he was young. They were both very cheerful and full of humour. It did relieved me a bit after being rejected. Upon finishing my session it was Sew's turn. I told him the reason I was rejected but asked him to worry not for the interviewers weren't scary people. Sew is also nervous for every interview we went.

We were almost late for the next interview had we not taken the cab. The weather was being merciless on us too. We arrived at the Aik Hua building in which the cab driver initially thought it to be "Ah Kua" building, vulgarly known as "pondans". I expected the company to be a decent one due to the arrangement of the office but I was proven otherwise. Sitting down in the interview room with Sew, a middle age uncle with huge beer belly started speaking in Cantonese. The lack of professionalism had led me to draw an early conclusion of a scam company. He went on and on about earning quick money and all other BULLSHITS that came out from his ass of a mouth. He really was getting on my nerve but the main victim was Sew. I was waiting to see who would explode first but no one did. Apparently I do not see eye to eye on nearly everything he said which is again BULLSHIT to me. His bloody business mind and F***ed up attitude really gets me boiling. He was from the start having no interest in our career but only money for his FOREX company. This is a illegal foreign exchange company trying to lure young minds into it. Remember and stay away from MT Aryacom. Plainly said, the experience was blood boiling and not at one bit educational. So off we were after asking for time to consider. 

I have a third interview at 4pm but Sew was done so we walked to the monorail station after almost scammed by an idiot taxi driver. He wanted RM10 for a 2 min drive to the monorail station. He took the monorail to KLCC to join his friends while I went to Times Square instead. Being hungry and low on cash I bought a Euro bread at Bread History for RM4.20 and went to read some novel at The Borders bookstore. While at the bookstore I heard a young lady screamed like a mad woman and I thought she fell down the escalater at first. After seeing her sandals outside I think she was carried off by someone... KIDNAPPING?  

The next company I was scheduled at 4pm is at BGI opposite Times Square. It is the Progressive Insurance S/B on the 7th floor. I applied for an Underwriting post on Jobstreet and was called for interview. After reading the company profile and filling in a lot of forms, I was led to the meeting room on the 9th floor. I waited and came in an mid aged man and woman. The first question out of their mouth was :

"You're looking for a permanent job or a temporary one?"

I said till next year end most probably and the guy said he knew I was too good to be true after having viewed my resume. They said they were looking for a permanent staff instead but we had quite a chat still. The man went of for a meeting and the lady stayed behind to entertain me. She told me a little about my future career and a young man who came for internship. She said she will ask the CEO if it is okay to hire a temporary staff. But I guess that makes 2 rejects in one day. SAD ~

I head back to The Borders to read until it was time and I headed back to KLCC. I rode home in Steven's car again. Today we decided to go movie for few reasons. We're both quite tired, its a Wednesday (half price) and we both wanna watch Ninja Assassin. We bought the tickets, went and bought his dinner and rest up at my place. We took dinner together and then a quick shower followed by a short rest ; we needed it or we'll sleep through the movie. The show was at 9.45 pm so we left my place at 9.30pm. We barely reached in time and after purchasing a popcorn combo, we headed into the theatre.






If you're into blood, this show is for you. If you're not, I'd advice you not to go. The action was really good especially the slow motion. I love actions and the show put my hairs on ends throughout the entire film. The only thing I have problem is Rain's long hair. His short hair is so much better than the long one. This makes him very rugged but still his hardcore body is simply amazing. I wonder if I will reach such a stage.... (dreaming on) This is so far the best ninja show for me I guess as the main characters are good looking. I like the ending too but I'm not gonna spill anything here so no worry. Go give it a shot at the theatre and you'll love it, especially Rain's die-hard fans.

~Peace out~

0 comments :