Thursday, February 4, 2010

Universities and Scholarships

I am so pissed off at the moment after another half an hour lecture from my father on diversifying my choices of universities to apply to. In the beginning, they told me to choose UK universities as they are more established and recognised while I confused over which country I should apply to for my degree. During those times they gave me frequent lectures on which subjects I should choose based on the demand level of the career offered. They weren't so supportive when I told them I was going to choose ACTUARIAL SCIENCE. In their mind already printed out the course which they think I should choose to have a better career opportunity and life. They wanted me to take up Accountancy, which I still find acceptable but undesirable. I debated and argued with them for as long as I can remember until finally they accepted my choice to study.

Few months later, they were the one insisted that I do not apply for universities in the UK as the cot was too high and they could not afford. I was well aware if that and plan to land a scholarship deal to kick-start my degree of MY CHOICE. After certain incidents and well discussions, I have finally chosen to give up on the UK. I was thereafter aiming for Singapore. There are multinational companies in Singapore and they headhunt for promising people as soon as they complete their degree. This might not be a bad place after all I thought, knowing that I really wanted to move away as far as possible. Freedom was something I do not have until at this moment, thus explaining my extreme craving for it.

However now that my results are out, my parents had another change of thought. The first was they reckon I should apply for few different courses instead of sticking to Actuarial Science only to increase my chances in getting accepted into a university. Till now I have no idea how did this basis come about. They still wanted me in the Accountancy line although I have made it clear of my lack of interest in it. Secondly was they pushed me to apply for the UK once again. Saying that I should give myself a better chance and keep my choices more open. It is very tiring for me do they not know. To convince myself to give up on something I really want to do and when I have set it aside, they want me to pick it up again. I am a very stubborn person and usually do not change my opinions once set. This can sometimes be my weakness but at the same time ensure I stick to what I chose and not turn and run at the nearest obstacle.




I AM REALLY TIRED OF THIS.... DO NOT CHOOSE FOR ME PLEASE, LET ME DECIDE.... IF YOU WANNA ADVISE, KEEP IT AS AN ADVISE AND NOT TO SOMEOW MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY OF MY CHOICE THAT YOU SUPPOSE I WOULD CHANGE MY THOUGHTS. IT PISSES ME ONE TIME TOO MANY ALREADY. I AM FED UP....



LEAVE ME ALONE.... I NEED SOME PEACE...

0 comments :